Effective December 14, 2020 at 9:00 AM CFSIC Will Enable the “Pending” Application Process for Type 1 (Foundation Remediation) and Type 2 (Foundation Reimbursement) Claims
Before completing a Type 1 or Type 2 Pending application, you must understand that:
1) You cannot apply and currently become either an Inactive or Active claimant. You can only become a “Pending” claimant. You cannot currently be placed in line for a Participation Agreement. You may never be placed in line to receive a Participation Agreement.
2) No Pending Type 1 claimant can be made active, regardless of the Severity Class code of the foundation, until all existing Active Severity Class coded 3 and 2 claimants have received Participation Agreements. We anticipate that this will, at a minimum, not occur until the end of 2026 or the beginning of 2027.
3) No Pending Type 2 claimant can be made active until we begin the process of addressing all Pending class claimants. We anticipate that this will, at a minimum, not occur until the end of 2026 or the beginning of 2027.
4) CFSIC is permitting you to simply “register” your Type 1 or Type 2 claim for possible payment in the future, but it is not certain that your claim will ever be paid, given CFSIC’s projected sources of funds.
5) You will be receiving a claim number when your claim is registered in our system, but you further understand that no CFSIC claim adjuster will be in touch with you about the status of your claim until and only if your claim moves into Inactive or Active status. This may be years from now. This may be never. We will not lose your claim. We will not forget who you are and the fact that you have registered your claim with us.
6) For Type 1 claimants, you should NOT seek proposals from CRCOG-approved foundation construction firms. There is no reason for you to do this until you are contacted by a CFSIC claim adjuster telling you that you have become an Active claimant.
7) CFSIC hopes that you will register your Type 1 or Type 2 claim with us through a full or partial application, so that state and town officials will have a more complete idea of the extent of the crumbling foundations crisis and that in future, as a result, more funding can be provided to CFSIC.
If you are a current Type 1 or Type 2 claimant who has already submitted an application and you need to upload additional points of evidence as part of your application in process, you can still do so by clicking here.
CFSIC is committed to transparency at all times. Thank you for your interest in the CFSIC program.
The Pending Type 1 and Type 2 Application Process:
Many claimants have found the video located here to be helpful in understanding how to complete an application.
There are three ways in which you can file an application for the CFSIC program beginning again on December 7, 2020 at 9:00 AM when CFSIC will re-open its doors for the taking of Type 1 applications (and on December 14, 2020 for the taking of Type 2 applications) under “Pending” claimant status.
This is the landing page that will take you, through separate links, to CFSIC’s electronic application platform OR, if you prefer, a pdf version of the Type 1 or Type 2 application that you can download and complete by hand, and either scan to be sent by email, or sent to ESIS by U.S. Mail or other means.
- Method #1: File electronically, which will enable your application and all uploaded points of evidence to be processed more quickly, and where you will be assigned a claim registration number immediately upon submitting your application online.
- Method #2: Download and print a pdf version of the application, complete it and sign it by hand. Scan it, and attaching your scanned points of evidence, email it to ESIS at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once ESIS receives your application and attachments by email, you will be assigned a claim registration number.
- Method #3: Download and print a pdf version of the application, complete it and sign it by hand. Take the application, attaching all your points of evidence, and put it in the U.S. Mail to ESIS at:
Connecticut Foundation Solutions Indemnity Company, Inc.
c/o ESIS ProClaim
82 Hopmeadow Street
Simsbury, CT 06070
Once ESIS opens your application received in the mail, it will be processed, and you will be assigned a claim registration number, which you will receive by email.
Here are some things to remember:
- If you file electronically, please be aware that we have no control over the Internet bandwidth available to you, the age and type of computer you’re using, the age of any software you may be employing to create documents, and whether you are using an older version of an Internet browser.
- Uploads may happen very quickly, or they may happen slowly, depending on the above.
- The electronic application is a three-step process:
Step 1: You complete the application. At the very end of the application you can sign it with your mouse (you place the mouse over the signature box and sign your name using the mouse), and then fill in your name and the date. You then go to the CAPTCHA window to prove you’re not a robot. Lastly, you hit the “Submit” button. At this point you have submitted your signed application WITHOUT your attachments, which is exactly what you need to do. You will immediately see a webpage providing you with a claim registration number.
Step 2: What will pop up next on your computer screen is a page providing you again with your claim registration number. (No one has seen your claim yet, and your claim is not approved. This is merely a claim registration number to get you inside the system.) You will be able to print this page for future reference. Stay on this page. Scroll down the page until you see the “Upload Claim Documentation” link. Click this link. You will now enter Step 3.
Step 3: You will now see a new page. This page is the “points of evidence upload page.” This is where you will be able to upload your document attachments (points of evidence). You will need to enter your claim registration number from the Step 2 page (which will remain open, so that you can copy and paste your claim number from that page, if you wish, or simply type it in). You will also see spaces to type your first and last name. You must do this. Once you have entered your claim number, and first and last name, scroll down to the first point where you will be able to attach a document to upload. You will do this by hitting the “browse” button shown next to each item you will be uploading.
Clicking on the “browse” button for each point of evidence will enable you to attach the required attachment file from your computer, wherever you are keeping it on your computer, and upload it to the system. (Underneath each upload box you will see a reference showing you what is required for a Type 1 claim.) You will do this for each file you need to upload...file by file.
Once you are finished attaching all the files you need to upload, you will hit the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. This will result in a page confirming that your documents have been received, and re-confirming your claim registration number.
Your application process will then be completed if the uploads are successful.
To file your Type 1 application online, go to the Type 1 electronic application
To file your Type 2 application online, go to the Type 2 electronic application